Every day will never be 100% the same, this day today is a day you will never get back again.
Think a little bit about that. All the moments, all the smells, all the taste, all the feelings. This day today.
What kind of life do you want?
Do you prefer to feel happiness, to grow, be compassionate, give kindness and love (?) OR being angry, judgemental, sad, depressed and filled with fear? We can’t only choose one “side” as life always will throw a little bit of both to us, but we can choose what to have the most of, where to put our attention and what to nurture and work on.
1. No matter how you feel when you wake up in the morning – Do something to make sure you change your mode if you wake up in a non happy place, or something to keep the good mood if that’s how you wake up. There can be several reasons for you waking up unhappy. Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
*Do you like your job?
*Are you in a happy relationship, or are you happy being single?
*Do you get enough sleep?
*Do you make sure you get all the vitamins and nutrients you need to feel rested and full of energy?
*Do you exercise and make sure your health is good?
*Is there something you keep doing that puts you in a bad place in your mind?
*Are you able to let go of past hurt and pain, or are you working on it?
There is always something to work on, and it’s important to be honest with yourself. What personal issues are you struggling with or working on, and what should you work on? Be true to you. What do you need?
2. Get a little bit of exercise every day. It does not have to be a big, long workout but at least go for a 30-45 minute walk, a quick run in the morning or anything else to move your body and get some fresh air.
3. Start the day with a healthy breakfast. It literally changes my whole mood, mindset, energy and the way my body feels through out the day.
4. Surround yourself with people that make you feel good. If you have to surround yourself with people that are not your preferred circle, say for example when working, try to put up a imaginary wall and think of it as something different, a job, be professional and brush it off you when you are done working.
5. Give thanks every day for something. It can be anything from the fact that the sun is shining or the that the flowers are blooming, to you loving your coffee in the morning, being happy about buying a new pair of shoes or caring about someone you love. Focus on the good as much as possible, as often as possible.
6. Allow your own emotions to be and excist, but don’t let negative emotions get stuck in or with you. By allowing yourself to feel what you actually feel and be who you are, you will feel more justice and happiness. You have the right to be angry about something that upsets you, as well as you have the right to cry if you are sad. You also have the right to feel happiness and not let anyone destroy that feeling for you.
7. Give love and caring to others. By giving love and doing good you automatically get it right back. The more you do this, the more happy you will become.
8. Listen to happy music. Don’t fall into the trap of listening to sad music when you are upset, it’s only going to make it worse.
9. Stand up for your own rights and what you believe in. Make sure you don’t let people walk all over you as this will destroy your mood and self confidence. You are important, just as everyone else. Be kind and gentle to yourself, be caring to yourself. Treat yourself the way you would want to treat yourself when you were a kid.
10. Finish every day day in a positive way, no matter how bad of a day you have had. Clear your mind from all the negative stuff that has happened during the day and find something that makes you happy and excited for a new day to start. If it’s watching your favorite tv show in the evening, do it. If it’s playing with your dog, do it. If it’s enjoying a nice meal with a friend, do it. If it’s meditating, do it. Remember to do this – Every day.
Remember that every single, small step towards being true to you (!) and figuring out what you want in this life is a step in the right direction. It doesn’t all have to happen over night, just keep on going and don’t give up!